Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Midmourner- Adorned in Fear and Error


Here's some great stoner/doom metal out of Birmingham, AL. From the opening riff on "Adorned in Fear and Error" I was hooked. I'm a sucker for a good opening riff. The rest of the album is pretty fucking amazing as well. The wall of fuzz from the guitar and bass is the aural equivalent of being smoked out in a room or car. Just nothing but a haze of grayish/white clouds, and all you can do is fucking inhale and let that weed smoke in. But oh well, there's probably a reason you're there anyway getting baked out of your gourd, just like I continued to listen to this album. It's so fucking good! The vocals have the sharpness of a broken whiskey bottle, and the harshness of rusty barbed wire. These guys move like an avalanche of cough syrup running down a mountain. Thick, slow, and heavy. I kinda get the Weedeater covering Eyehategod vibe going here, but I mean obviously that's a great thing. Overall, these dudes rule, and you should probably listen to this if you want some swampy southern fried stoner/doom that's the real fucking thing made by people who give a fuck about the genre. Definitely one of my new favorite bands, and I hope they got something else in the works for the near future. Cheers! -Samir

No comments:

Post a Comment