Friday, January 27, 2017

Weltesser- Crestfallen (2017)


This shit just dropped today on bandcamp. I've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of this album, as it is something I've had on my radar since "Rats" was released as a single in late 2016. I discovered Weltesser after I stumbled upon their 2015 Demo. Now after listening to this I can safely say Weltesser is one of my favorite bands right now, and i'd be real fucking surprised if "Crestfallen" didn't make it on everyone's Best of Year End Lists. 
Weltesser's influences (as stated on their bandcamp page) include Sabbath, Dystopia, His Hero is Gone, Laudanum, and Monolord and you can hear it loud and well. Every punishing hit from this Florida trio is like a fucking sludge and filth covered mallet bludgeoning you across the head. They are so fucking heavy and miserable! Seriously this is the best Sludge Doom Metal album of the year thus far! Cheers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment