Thursday, September 13, 2018

GRRRMBA - Embodiment (2018)


A month and a half ago I did a review for GRRRMBA's "Coalescence" and I was blown away by how great this band was, and how I completely dropped the ball on covering them last year when they released it. It was also around this time that I learned they would be dropping some new shit, and the band was cool enough to send me an advance copy of it. Well "Embodiment" dropped last week, and I don't what the fuck you're doing right now, but you probably want to check this album out. It's a fucking Blackened/Sludge/Death/Doom Masterpiece. Not only is this like one of my favorite albums of the year, this has to be one of the heaviest fucking albums of the year as well. Seriously it's like Coffin Torture's "Dismal Planet", Primitive Man's "Caustic" and this. GRRRMBA has like the sickest Guitar and Bass sound. It manages to be slick and pristine, but absolutely filthy and disgusting at the same time. The vocals and drums are also spot on, and add to the already crushing heaviness. It's pure sludge groove satisfaction. "Embodiment" decimates and is just completely desolate in atmosphere. It's pitch black slime from the darkest and deepest depths of this world borne out pain, suffering, hatred, and pure fucking evil, but in aural form. What more is there to write? I'm sold, and I think this is mandatory listening. Cheers! -Samir


1 comment: