Friday, March 31, 2017

Acid Dream- Physical Removal


I'm not sure if I've ever heard anything that has closely replicated the tone and the feel of Electric Wizard's "Dopethrone" as this album has. Not to say the riffs are lifted or anything. The riffs are dank as fuck, and are of the sinister stoner doom strain.  It's the kind of worship that I admire. Shit, I'm surprised more bands haven't tried to do the same. It's a massive and disgusting sounding tone! So when I talk about this sound, it's like the perfect blend of distortion and fuzz for bass and guitar. I'm not sure what the exact setting is or what Acid Dream used, but it sounds maxed the fuck out for sure. The vocals echo and trail, and the delivery is more of a shout rather than straight clean singing or screaming, devoid of any real melody line. I like that. I think what really blew my mind is that these dudes are from Michigan where I live. It's always a great feeling for me to discover bands from Michigan I never knew about. Well fucking done dudes!



No comments:

Post a Comment