Friday, April 14, 2017

Disgusted Geist- Demo (2017)


Disgusted Geist play dystopian sludge that borders on death/doom at times. The demo is recorded live so there's an almost lo-fi quality to this demo, and I think it makes it sound even more gross, filthy, and disgusting which I love. I need more music like this in my life. It just sounds so rotten and putrid and it brings great joy to me. The band lurches back and forth on its heavy pounding beats and goes for the throat with its harsh vocals which latter turn into death grunts and growls. The bass and guitar provide a thick layer of grayish green smog that's a warning of impending doom, threatening to poison those who may enter its clouds. If you're a fan of Corrupted, Grief, and Noothgrush you're gonna dig this. Also buy their cassette! All the proceeds go to funding a full length recording and I want to hear more from this band! Cheers! -Samir



No comments:

Post a Comment