Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Glacial Tomb- Cognitive Erosion (2017)


Glacial Tomb seamlessly blend sludge, black metal, death metal with great ease and without blurring the lines. The band is brutal, crushing and relentless with its execution. Featuring members of Khemmis and Abigail Williams, their sound is a whole new beast of its own. Imagine being thrown into a lake in the dead of winter only to be retrieved later as an ice cube with bones and skulls attached from other unlikely victims. Then you're pulverized and walloped until you're pounded into dust. That's what the riffage on Cogitive Erosion did to my mind. I'm seriously digging this, I kind of wish there were more bands out there in extreme metal that mixed metal subgenres this fluidly. I mean I know they're out there. Granted, I love the old school death metal stuff, and sabbathian doom, but I also like stumbling  across metal that pushes it forward in different dark corner. When i cam across this band, the name alone drew me in. I honestly thought I was going to be hearing a crusty blackened doom band as the cover might suggest, but I'm glad it's different from that, and has unique sound that is familiar yet fresh. Here's to losing all hope in mankind and remaining despondent until we make it to our Glacial Tomb. Cognitive Erosion fucking rules! Cheers! -Samir


No comments:

Post a Comment