Tuesday, July 31, 2018

GRRRMBA - Coalescence (2017)


I'm almost saddened that I had not known about GRRRMBA until only last week, but holy shit! This was one of those rare occasions where I spent most of my night listening to their entire discography on repeat. I cannot think of one thing this band does wrong. Their brand of Blackened Death Sludge is some top shelf shit. They're super fucking heavy, it's super fucking bleak and dissonant. With every bludgeoning groove GRRRMBA makes, you can feel the grime and muck as it escapes the blow to paint its surroundings pitch fucking black. These dudes seriously don't fuck around when it comes to playing bone crushing riffs that seek nothing but complete and utter devastation.
As far as I'm concerned these dudes are my ultimate go to band for Blackened Sludge. I don't know if it gets any better than this honestly. What also strikes me about this band is how well the songs are crafted as well. The band weaves their guitar and bass lines together in a barbed wire fashion that wanders a little from simple synchronization, but proves to be just as barbaric. I also love a drummer who plays in an extreme style despite playing slower or mid paced. It really adds another layer and dimension to the sound. The production on "Coalescence" is also phenomenal. That fucking bass sound is so pulverizing and really makes a difference with the overall sludge sound.
Anyway, there's no way of getting around it. I love this fucking band! I also know that they're about to drop a new album in September, and they have already a new track posted. It's definitely some heavy duty shit, and I can't wait to hear the rest! I provided a link to both their last release "Coalescence" as well as the new single below. So listen to this shit right fucking now! For real mandatory listening! Cheers! -Samir




No comments:

Post a Comment